College Students & Young Adults
- Are you having difficulty transitioning to the next phase of your life?
- Could you be too distracted to achieve the success you seek?
Whether it’s taking a Gap year, going to college, or looking for or starting a job, transitions can be challenging. Life is filled with decisions and associated issues as well as increases in independence and responsibility.
bFocused Coaching can help college students and young adults:
- Create your own structure when structure is not provided to you
- Build life skills, including doing laundry, shopping for groceries, toiletries and supplies, scheduling appointments with doctors and other professionals
- Access school, program and employer services
- Build and strengthen self-advocacy skills; go to office hours, talk to professors, TAs, advisors and disability support, talk to your boss and clients and coworkers
- Develop time management strategies to help with managing classwork, procrastination and school/work/life balance
- Develop organization skills to develop and maintain a schedule, maintain living spaces, tackle responsibilities, and handle school, program and work assignments efficiently
- Learn to manage distractions
- Create and stick to a budget
- Develop healthy habits, including exercising, getting enough sleep, eating well and taking any medication regularly
- Develop a system for setting alarms, reminders and timers
- Create individualized strategies for studying, writing papers, processing content and/or successfully completing work assignments
- Create a job search plan and implement accountability systems